Over the duration of the Abbotswood build-out period, the Abbotswood Consortium are implementing (or funding) the following off-site junction improvements all of which incorporate improvements for pedestrians and cyclists as well as motorised traffic:
- A3090 Winchester Road / Cupernham Lane (conversion to signal controlled junction);
- A3090 Winchester Road / Braishfield Road (conversion to signal controlled junction);
- A3090 Straight Mile / Jermyns Lane (widening to allow a right turn lane from the A3090 to Jermyns Lane);
- A3090 Winchester Road / Halterworth Lane (widening to allow a right turn lane from the A3090 to Halterworth Lane);
- Braishfield Road / Sandy Lane / Jermyns Lane (conversion to roundabout junction); and
- Sandy Lane / Cupernham Lane (rationalisation of existing 'split' priority junction to simple priority junction to improve safety).
For a plan showing the location of these and other works click here